Burston and Tivetshall Partnership Schools Local Governing Board is a federated governing board meaning that there is one Local Governing Board shared between both schools in our Partnership.
The Governors of the federation are responsible for the overall strategy for the schools by:
- Setting the aims and objectives for the schools
- Adopting policies for achieving those aims and objectives
- Setting targets for achieving those aims and objectives
- Monitoring the targets of the aims and objectives
The Executive Headteacher is responsible for the internal organisation, management and organisation of the schools.
Our Governing board consists of twelve governors:
- Two governors are elected by the parents; one governor from each school.
- One governor is appointed by the local education authority (LEA) which is Norfolk County Council.
- One governor is elected by the staff of the schools.
- Seven governors are co-opted by the rest of the governors based on skills needed.
- The Executive Headteacher is also a governor.
All governors serve a term of four years, after which time they may continue or stand for election again.
The members of our current Governing board are:
|Andrew Button||Chair of Governors|
|Carol Green||Executive Headteacher|
|Rebecca Chamberlain||Vice Chair|
The Governors can be contacted via the clerk firstname.lastname@example.org or the school office.
The Governors are advised by the Executive Headteacher, Carol Green, and members of the Leadership Team.
The Full Governing Body meets four times a year and there are also four working committees that each meets twice a term, or more often if necessary. Our four committees for this academic year are the Management committee, Finance, Premises and Resources committee, Progress and Attainment committee and the Values and Communications committee.